[TL-Directors] forward on behalf of NWCentral LSTA project / Donna Reed, PCC

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Aug 11 08:29:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

As you may know, Portland Community College Library (PCC) has administered an LSTA-funded grant this year to conduct a community analysis of library-related continuing education needs in Oregon.  As part of this project, we conducted a lengthy survey of the library community and gathered input from over 600 library staff from across the state.

We are now seeking to find out from library directors their opinions about the value of an ALA-certified paraprofessional certificate when hiring new paraprofessional staff.

If you are a director in any type of library in Oregon, please take the following BRIEF survey by no later than September 1, 2010.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMDQFDK
The results of this survey and the community analysis will be disseminated in the fall of 2010.
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Sincerely,
Donna Reed
Director of Libraries
Portland Community College