[TL-Directors] Registration open for 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Wed Mar 17 10:00:11 PDT 2010

Hello,

We hope that someone from your library will be able to attend the upcoming 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit, May 7th at Edgefield Manor in Troutdale.

The purpose of the event is to allow practioners of virtual reference in Oregon and to bring great speakers to us so we don't always have to go to them. This year's Summit features keynote speaker Vanessa Fox whose book Marketing in the Age of Google will appear in libraries soon.

www.oregonlibraries.net/summit

Our event is hosted by L-net and everyone is welcome to participate. If you are thinking about reference, service and technology, this is the event for you. Participants will come away with practical knowledge for improving reference service, virtual or not.

Registration is open at www.oregonlibraries.net/summit/2010/register and costs are affordable at $25 for staff at L-net partner libraries, L-net volunteers, L-net advisory board members and students; and $50 for everyone else. For those who are experiencing financial hardship, we are offering scholarships to cover the cost of registration. You may apply for scholarships when you register for the conference.

If you are travelling far, we have a limited number of rooms reserved at Edgefield Manor for Thursday and Friday nights. Please note that room reservations for this block can only be made by calling Edgefield at:
(503) 669-8610. Remember to do it soon or you'll miss the discounted rate! (Just for your information, most rooms at Edgefield do not have a private bathroom. There are several options outside of the rooms we have booked, so don't be afraid to ask the agent what is available.)

For more information at the 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit visit our web site, www.oregonlibraries.net/summit.

And don't forget to find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/lnetoregon.

Caleb Tucker-Raymond

Oregon Statewide Reference Service Coordinator Multnomah County Library
(503) 988-5438
calebt at multcolib.org
AIM/Y!: calebMCL
www.oregonlibraries.net