[TL-Directors] Serve on Oregon's LSTA Advisory Council

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Thu Sep 13 11:31:15 PDT 2018

Hello library folks in Oregon,

The State Library of Oregon is looking for four new members in 2019 to serve a three-year term on our volunteer Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Advisory Council<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/lstaac.aspx>! Nominations will be accepted using this form through the end of September 2018:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019LSTACouncilNominations

We are particularly looking to fill these upcoming seats:

*        Special Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        Public Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        Academic Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        Library Users Representative (1 position)*

*Please consider asking a library patron, board member, member of your library's Friends group, or anyone who cares about library service in your community to consider this position.

The Council reviews project proposals and reports (including our annual LSTA competitive grants), makes recommendations to the Board, and advises the Board about any issues concerning Oregon's LSTA program. The LSTA Advisory Council consists of thirteen members and is broadly representative of library entities in Oregon, including public, school, academic, and special libraries, as well as library users. Special consideration is given to ensure that the following are represented: geographic areas of the state, underserved areas, and underrepresented persons.

The State Library Board will appoint new Advisory Council members in October, and new members' terms will begin January 1, 2019.

Please contact me with any questions!

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
ross.fuqua at state.or.us<mailto:ross.fuqua at state.or.us> | 503-378-5027 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>