[TL-Directors] Virtual Reality webinar June 10

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Fri May 31 09:34:14 PDT 2019

Hello!

The Washington State Library would like to invite any tribal library and/or education staff or volunteers in Oregon to attend a 1-hour webinar on Monday, June 10, from 10-11am on the topic of virtual reality. The presenters are from Blue Trot<https://www.bluetrot.com/>, a technology consulting firm based in Portland, OR. Please see details and the link to join the webinar below (no registration is required - simply join via Zoom or call in via telephone on June 10).

Best wishes,

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
503-378-5027 | oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image008.png at 01D51794.2B51AFB0]<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>

________________________________

SAVE THE DATE: June 10th at 10 a.m. is our annual online get together.

Our first hour will be devoted to an exciting program.

Cody Karutz and Piera Von Glahn will be sharing with tips on how 360 video content creation for virtual reality (VR) might be used to preserve and pass down stories and teachings which are essential to your tribe's culture.

Piera and Cody recently hosted a storytelling workshop using the Oculus GO VR headset. Also involved was the National Geographic organization and the Bear River Band tribe in Northern California.  Piera and Cody will share what they have learned in terms of how best to present the story you wish to share or preserve.  This presentation won't focus on the technical aspects but rather on the storytelling aspects.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/3605705560

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,3605705560# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,3605705560# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 360 570 5560
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abyhcXClN

 Questions?  Don't hesitate to contact me.

CAROLYN PETERSEN (she/her) | Assistant Program Manager, Library Development
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-570-5560 | f: 360-586-7575
carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov<mailto:carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov>

~connecting Washington through the power of libraries~

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>   [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>    [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>