[travel-card_news] US Bank Travel Card - Declined Transaction Report
BARNES Robin * DAS SCD
Robin.Barnes at state.or.us
Thu Apr 22 11:09:21 PDT 2004
Attention Travel Card Coordinators and all Access Online users,
In the CARE system, there is a report titled, "Declined Transaction Report",
which listed transactions that cardholders attempted to make but were
declined. This is a very useful tool to spot potential fraud or attempts of
abuse as it shows when a cardholder tries to buy something they are not
authorized to (by either trying to used a blocked MCC code, by exceeded
his/her credit or spending limits, or by using a closed account.)
I have been informed that there is a similar report in Access Online, but
unfortunately, you can only look up one account at a time. US Bank has
informed us that there will be a report similar to the one in CARE, but it
is not expected to be available until October 2005. I am working to get this
report available as soon as possible.
The process in Access Online to view transactions that were declined is:
After logging in to Access Online: (remember Organization short name = ORC,
User ID is ORTCCXXXXX where XXXXX is the COMPANY number for your account.)
1) Click on ACCOUNT INFORMATION in the left-hand menu.
2) Click on CARDHOLDER PROFILE listed under the Account Profile Section.
3) Enter the account number or the last name (or first few letters of last
name) then click on SEARCH.
4) If you entered part of the last name, scroll down and click on the word
CORPORATE next the person you want to review.
5) Click on ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATIONS.
6) If there are any transactions, a list will pop up. Declined transactions
will be shown with a response of "DECLINED".
7) To view declined details, click on the AUTH TIME for the declined
8) To view another account, click on SWITCH ACCOUNTS, which is to the right
of the account number displayed at the top.
US Bank is aware of the need for a "company-wide" report that does the same
as the CARE Declined Transaction Report. Also, in the Access Online report,
I noticed that there are no parameters to select a range of dates and no way
to select only the "DECLINED" transactions. And, the report only shows
declines since the last statement date. I've forwarded my concerns to US
The good news is that the Access Online report shows more detail than the
CARE report did for each transaction.
Statewide Travel Card Coordinator
robin.barnes at das.state.or.us
Travel Page: http://scd.das.state.or.us/travel.htm
More information about the Travel-card_news