[Travel_Policy-News] Effective Date of Travel Policy OAM and updated mileage chart link

HAMILTON Robert W * CFO robert.w.hamilton at state.or.us
Mon May 12 11:32:34 PDT 2014

Hello Travel Coordinators,

We've recently received some questions about the March 25, 2014 effective date of the Travel Policy OAM, 40.10.00<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/CFO/SARS/policies/oam/40.10.00.pdf>, specifically if there were any changes from the previous Travel Policy.  The effective date of the Travel Policy prior to March 25, 2014 was February 1, 2013.  However, the Travel Policy with the February 1, 2013 effective date included mileage rates that were effective as of January 1, 2014.  SARS received feedback that it was confusing that a policy with a February 1, 2013 effective date would include 2014 mileage rate information.  In response, on March 25, 2014, I updated the effective date.  No other changes were made to the February 1, 2013 Travel Policy at that time.

However, I was informed last week that the Oregon mileage chart link in Appendix A on the Travel Policy was no longer working.  That has now been fixed.  Because this was the correction of a link, the effective date of the Travel Policy remained as March 25, 2014.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Phone:  (503) 373-0299
http://oregon.gov/DAS/CFO/SARS<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS>

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published