[Travel_Policy-News] Statewide Travel Policy Out for Comment - Revisions for remote and hybrid work

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at das.oregon.gov
Wed Mar 2 14:44:13 PST 2022

Good afternoon Travel Contacts,

With the issuance DAS Chief Human Resources Office (CHRO) Policy 50.050.01 Working Remotely (link<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Policies/50-050-01.pdf>), there are proposed changes to the Statewide Travel Policy, OAM 40.10.00, around which we are seeking agency feedback. The goal of the proposed revisions to the Statewide Travel Policy is to harmonize the definitions between these two policies and reflect the significantly expanded use of hybrid and remote work type options. While numerous paragraph are affected by these proposed revisions, the changes can be summarized as follows: for those that have an approved full-time remote work type option, their mileage reimbursements are not reduced for commuting mileage, while every other work type option would continue to deduct commuting mileage in a manner consistent with current practice. In addition, for ease of processing, we've proposed a modification to OAM 75.40.01.FO, the Travel Expense Detail Sheet (TEDS) to include the approved work type option at the top of the TEDS, thereby making it clear to traveler, approver, and processor whether commuting mileage should be deducted.

The comment period for this OAM closes in two weeks, on Wednesday, March 16. Please direct any comments to me. In addition, feel free to reach out with any questions.

Links to these proposed OAMs can be found on our OAM website but I've also included direct links below.

Clean version: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/40.10.00%20Travel%20Policy_Edit%20for%20Remote%20Work%20-%20Clean.pdf

Track-changes version: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/40.10.00%20Travel%20Policy_Edit%20for%20Remote%20Work%20-%20Track%20Changes.pdf

TEDS: https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/Draft%2075.40.01%20form%20-%20Adding%20Work%20Type%20Option.xlsx

Thanks very much for involvement in this important process.

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Cell: (971) 719-3031
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published