[Treasury-News] Oregon State Treasury Website Usability Testing

McCAW Kari Kari.McCAW at ost.state.or.us
Fri Apr 20 15:04:49 PDT 2012

Treasury recently engaged NIC USA, the State of Oregon's E-Government vendor, to complete the final stages of our website redesign process.  We have been engaged with NIC over the course of the last several months to remake the design and function of our current website for the variety of customers that interact with Treasury via the internet. As we narrow in on a final functional approach, NIC will engage some of our customers in usability testing to make sure that we "got it right" before we make the new site live.  The usability testing of the website includes creating a scenario, or realistic situation, wherein a person performs a list of tasks using the product being tested while an observer watches and takes notes. The aim is to observe how actual users function in a realistic manner so that developers can confirm how users approach web information, identify what they like or dislike, and identify and fix and problem areas.  Usability testing typically takes from 15 minutes to an hour. Participants should generally be located in or willing to travel to the Salem area (though some exceptions may be available). If you would like to volunteer to participate in usability testing, please contact Wendy Finley at Wendy.Finley at ost.state.or.us<mailto:Wendy.Finley at ost.state.or.us>.  Please note that we also plan to identify some key users that we believe would provide critical feedback to this process. If we propose you as one of those parties, please feel free to decline to participate. While we would appreciate your input, we also appreciate the competing priorities that we all face.

Thank you in advance to any of you that participate in this important process that will directly inform how our website ultimately operates.

Cora R. Parker, Director
Finance Division | Office of the Oregon State Treasurer
350 Winter St. NE, Suite 100 | Salem, OR 97301-3896
P: (503) 373-1881| F: (503) 373-1179
cora.r.parker at state.or.us<mailto:cora.r.parker at state.or.us>
www.ost.state.or.us<http://www.ost.state.or.us>