[Treasury-News] FW: Elavon Service Interuption

KESSEL Edie Edie.KESSEL at ost.state.or.us
Tue Jun 19 08:17:51 PDT 2012

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:51 AM
To: virtual-merchant-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: [Virtual-Merchant-News] FW: Elavon Service Interuption

Good morning,
OST received the following information regarding the service interruption on Friday, June 15, 2012:

Subject: Elavon Service Interuption

Please find the attached Incident Report outlining the service interruption from Friday.

As mentioned Friday, many cardholders experienced duplicate authorizations.  It does not appear any were captured, which is good news because the duplicates were not funded. The bad news, as mentioned, is that the cardholder accounts have been impacted.

Elavon is working on reversing all duplicate transactions, but the process is expected to take a couple days to complete but do not have an expected time frame yet; National accounts have been prioritized to the front of the queue.  Please do not issue credits or reverse a file.  If you already have done so, please let me know so we do not duplicate the reversal, exasperating the complication.

If you receive cardholder complaints of overdraft fees, we will review on a case by case basis.

Should you receive cardholder complaints about duplicate authorizations/fund holds please report the following to Merchant Services 1-800-725-1245.

  *   Merchant ID (MID)
  *   Card Number (full or truncated)
  *   Dollar Amount
  *   Authorization Code (Original; if present)

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I will provide updates as new information is available.

Kim Buckout
Oregon State Treasury
503-378-2409
kim.buckout at ost.state.or.us<mailto:kim.buckout at ost.state.or.us>

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.