[Treasury-News] Oregon State Treasury | Service Alert

OST NEWSLISTS OST.NEWSLISTS at ost.state.or.us
Wed Jul 20 14:01:49 PDT 2022

[cid:image001.png at 01D89C1A.4DCB4700]
Change to File Exchange with Treasury
Many agencies and their third party vendors regularly exchange files with Treasury to support banking activities and payment processing. Agencies access Treasury's FTP server (ftp.ost.state.or.us<ftp://ftp.ost.state.or.us>) to upload or download these files. Treasury is planning an important security update to our FTP server on Sunday, July 31. Certain agencies must take action to continue to access Treasury's FTP server after the change.

What Action Does My Agency/Vendor Need to Take?
Treasury's FTP server supports multiple encrypted communications protocols that enable agencies to exchange files with Treasury in a secure manner. Following the update, agencies that access our FTP server using the SFTP/SSH protocol will be presented with a new 2048-bit SSH server key that must be accepted. Depending on how an agency accesses our FTP server, this may require either a person or an automated job to accept the new server key. Only those agencies using the SFTP/SSH protocol will be affected and must accept the new server key.

Agencies may wish to also upgrade their own client keys from 1024-bit to 2048-bit, though 1024-bit client keys will continue to work after the upgrade.

Will Treasury's FTP Server Be Unavailable during the Update?
Yes, Treasury's FTP server will be unavailable from noon to 5:00 p.m. on July 31. This maintenance window has been selected to avoid impacts to regularly scheduled file exchanges.

If you are unsure whether your agency or third party vendor exchanges files with Treasury, or if you need assistance with this change, contact us at cmirp at ost.state.or.us<mailto:cmirp at ost.state.or.us>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D89C1A.4DCB4700]
867 Hawthorne Ave SE
Salem, OR 97301-5241