[Treasury-News] Oregon State Treasury | Service Alert

OST NEWSLISTS OST.NEWSLISTS at ost.state.or.us
Wed Jan 31 11:29:37 PST 2024

[cid:image001.png at 01DA52D0.081C5280]
Change to File Exchange with Treasury
Many agencies and their third party vendors regularly exchange files with Treasury to support banking activities and payment processing. Agencies access Treasury's FTP server to upload or download these files using different encryption options. Treasury is planning an important update to our FTP server on Sunday, February 4, to remove certain encryption options. Agencies need to ensure that systems/processes are properly configured to continue to access Treasury's FTP server after the change.

What Action Does My Agency/Vendor Need to Take?
While Treasury has reached out directly to specific agencies identified as potentially using the discontinued encryption options, all agencies and third party vendors that access Treasury's FTP server should review systems/tasks for the following encryption options and ensure other encryption options are supported.

The following hash functions will be removed:

  *   hmac-sha2-256etm at openssh.com
  *   hmac-sha2-512etm at openssh.com

The following SSH cipher function will be removed:

  *   chacha20-poly1305 at openssh.com

Will Treasury's FTP Server Be Unavailable during the Update?
Yes, Treasury's FTP server will be unavailable between 10:00 a.m. and noon on February 4. This maintenance window has been selected to avoid impacts to regularly scheduled file exchanges.

If you have questions or need assistance with this change, please contact us at OST.EFT at ost.state.or.us<mailto:OST.EFT at ost.state.or.us>.
[cid:image002.png at 01DA52D0.081C5280]
867 Hawthorne Ave SE
Salem, OR 97301-5241