[West Coast Ocean Data Network] Happy Holidays from the West Coast Ocean Data Network!

west_coast_data_network at listsmart.osl.state.or.us west_coast_data_network at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Thu Dec 11 12:02:14 PST 2014

Happy Holidays West Coast Ocean Data Network, I hope everyone is staying
safe and warm as storms batter the West Coast! As we wrap up the year there
are a lot of accomplishments that we can look back on. From the amazing
oceanographic data products created by our Sea Grant Fellow Laura Lilly
<http://network.westcoastoceans.org/?p=339>, to our Network meeting in
November
<http://network.westcoastoceans.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2014-Proceedings_12-10-14-2.pdf>,
and the launch of data visualization tools in the Portal
<http://maps.westcoastoceans.org/> – it has been a big year for the West
Coast Ocean Data Network and that is because of all your support and
contributions. We hope to do even more in the coming year with your help.
Please see below for some last announcements and action items of 2014. Have
a safe and happy holiday!

*Portal User Feedback Surveys *

We are still seeking feedback on the Catalog, Viewer, and Networking tools
to help us improve their use and functionality. If you have 5 minutes,
please complete and share the following surveys with colleagues before *Dec.
15*.

   1. Catalog Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G5THVYD>
   <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G5THVYD>
   2. Viewer Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YY36FLP>
   3. Network Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G52SJG7>

*Working Groups*

In the interest of expanding membership and leadership of the working
groups we are advertising the upcoming meetings of the Data and Outreach
working groups next week. The Outreach working group will be helping craft
our messaging for the upcoming Ocean Summit, the Data working group will be
prioritizing data for funded development based on Network (your!) needs and
the IT working group will be recommending platforms to share training
resources and prioritizing bugs and enhancements for the Portal. *The
Outreach call is 12/17 at 1 pm, the Data call is 12/18 at 3 pm, and the IT
call is 1/9 at 1 pm*. You find out all the details and call info on our
Calendar page. <http://network.westcoastoceans.org/calendar/>

*Network meeting Proceedings*

Our Network meeting was a huge success in shaping our strategy for the
coming year in terms of focal areas and data priorities. You can read the
full proceedings and get access to all the presentations here.
<http://network.westcoastoceans.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2014-Proceedings_12-10-14-2.pdf>

*Contact*

You can visit the West Coast Ocean Data Portal at
*http://portal.westcoastoceans.org* <http://portal.westcoastoceans.org/>.
If you wish to learn more or contribute your data to the Portal, please
contact Todd Hallenbeck (*Todd.r.hallenbeck at Westcoastoceans.org*
<Todd.r.hallenbeck at Westcoastoceans.org>).

--

Todd R. Hallenbeck | Program Coordinator

West Coast Ocean Data Portal
West Coast Governors Alliance
Cell: (408) 482-6807
todd.r.hallenbeck at westcoastoceans.org