[yscon] ASLC Resarch Agenda

Dekle, Deanne, DCA Deanne.Dekle at state.nm.us
Mon Dec 18 13:49:13 PST 2017

Hello Youth Services colleagues!
Enid Costley, former Youth Services from Virginia, asked me to forward this survey out to you all:

Dear Colleagues,

The Research Agenda Task Force needs your help! We are in the beginning stages of creating the ALSC Research Agenda, and we are hoping to compile your comments and opinions to guide us as we create a prioritized research agenda. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29GM5NF

As an extra incentive, we are raffling off two $25 gift cards to Amazon. Simply take the survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29GM5NF> and you will be entered to win.

To help you get started, here are a few answers to questions you may have.

What is a research agenda? A research agenda is a document that guides inquiry. The ALSC Research Agenda will list areas of priority for research, including possible research questions to guide potential researchers.

Why is ALSC developing a research agenda? This research agenda will guide our areas of research focus for the immediate future. It will clearly state the areas where new or additional research is needed to help libraries best serve youth and their families.

For an example of a research agenda, please see the YALSA National Research Agenda.
(http://www.ala.org/yalsa/guidelines/research/researchagenda)

Thank you for your time,
The Research Agenda Task Force

Deanne Dekle