[yscon] 529 plans

April Mazza april at masslibsystem.org
Fri Oct 13 13:46:50 PDT 2017

I just tried to send this and I think my file was too big. Here is a link to the recap mentioned below http://www.masslibsystem.org/wp-content/uploads/SUR-library-recap-2017.pdf
My apologies if you end up receiving this twice!

April

From: April Mazza <april at masslibsystem.org>
Date: Friday, October 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM
To: YSCon <yscon at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: Re: [yscon] [External] 529 plans

You know…I didn’t think we did anything related to 529 but I didn’t really know what it was …so I googled it and we actually DO have a partnership of sorts!
We work with Ufund Start U Reading program as part of MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority). Mostly what we do is connect public libraries with the program coordinator to hold programs at their libraries that feature a costumed character (like Clifford or Elmo). There’s a storytime and UFund info for parents and photo ops. I actually had Clifford at my library (many years ago) and it was a wonderful program and effortless for us library staff to put together.

I’m attaching a recap from the program coordinator, Sherri Galego. I am sure she would be happy to speak with anyone about the program. Her contact info is in the recap. We actually have a phone call scheduled with her for next week to talk about how this year’s visits have gone and other ways to work together. Also in the past we’ve helped her finding booklists to promote at events and on her blog (like from CSLP for summer reading) and resources on Pinterest.

Hope this helps! Happy weekend everyone!

--
April Mazza
Consultant