[yscon] Library Sexual Harassment/Molestation Policy + Ideal Ratio of Staff to Teens

Williams, Linda Linda.Williams at ct.gov
Tue Feb 6 12:53:59 PST 2018

Hello to all,

I have a query that's a totally new one to me, and I'm wondering if anyone else has has this, or if you know of any policies or recommendations I could look at?

Here's the query: "Our Library is currently in the process of applying for sexual harassment/molestation insurance. Because of this, we are reviewing our current library policies and need to include an established sexual harassment/molestation policy.  My assistant director, recommended that I reach out to you to see if you were aware of any existing library policies on the issue that we could refer to as a framework/guide for writing our own.   Also, would you happen to know (or know where we can find information on) whether or not there is an existing policy (or a "better practices" guideline) that determines a ratio of staff-to-participant requirement (in this case specifically teens) when it comes to library programs/events?"

Any advice would be much appreciated!

TIA!

Linda

[CT_State_Library_Logo-02.png]