[yscon] Best Statewide Project

Wilson, Becky Becky.Wilson at sos.mo.gov
Wed Jan 17 12:23:14 PST 2018

Hello Everyone,

I’m interested in knowing what you think your best statewide project is that impacts youth services (beside summer reading, and let’s also exclude standard early literacy programs, as we already have one of those).

This may sound like a very random and general question, but our state has a history of putting a lot of funding into subgrants.  As a result, we don’t have many statewide projects, but in the future, we may be interested in cutting back on some of the grants and using the excess funds towards more statewide projects.

I’ve been asked to consider where I might want to put the funding, if we pulled back some of the funding for summer reading grants, and to be honest, I’m not even sure what the possibilities are.

I’m going to consider unique possibilities, but I would also be interested in hearing what’s already in place and working well in other states.

Thanks,

Becky

Becky Wilson
Public Library Services Consultant