[yscon] [External] Re: Best Statewide Project

Rockwell, Jasmine K jasmine.rockwell at ncdcr.gov
Thu Jan 18 06:53:16 PST 2018

I think North Carolina has had some great statewide programs in the past, but nothing as of late.

Maybe this is opening up a larger debate, but the term “statewide” can be hard to define. Is this a program that everyone gets to matter what? Something like Nebraska’s motion picture license is great because it really does benefit every library. On the other hand, trainings that we offer in every part of the state may seem statewide because they are open to all, but that doesn’t mean that every library actually benefits from it if no one takes the training.

I think the majority of what we will be doing moving forward is offering training and participation in projects on a voluntary basis. The last thing that the State Library tried to implement statewide (online summer reading) was a massive fail and it’s left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. So choosing to participate in something is the way we’ll need to go for now at least.

Best,
Jasmine
[cid:image006.png at 01D39042.25FC9D70]Jasmine Rockwell
Youth Services Consultant
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.807.7425  |  jasmine.rockwell at ncdcr.gov

109 East Jones Street  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/NorthCarolinaCulture>  Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ncculture>  Instagram<http://www.instagram.com/ncculture>  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/ncculture>  Website<https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/>

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.