[yscon] Summer Reading Workshops - Looking for Artist Presenters

Adrienne Butler Adrienne.Butler at libraries.ok.gov
Thu Jan 18 09:15:05 PST 2018

All-

I have been given permission to hire artists to present my summer reading workshops. Per Oklahoma rules I had to go out on bid. I've done so twice now and have not received any bids or questions.

Does anyone know any artists that I could forward the Call for Artists bid? Any that you've used that would be willing to travel to Oklahoma? I am looking at having the workshops at the end of February, early March. It will be five locations across Oklahoma. You can find the bid here in green font, http://wiki.cya.oklibshare.org/index.php?title=Main_Page.

My librarians are still very face-to-face oriented with the expectation of examples and ideas for activities and programs. I am seriously considering video conferencing so I don't have to travel as much but probably not this year. Another idea is to make video but Oklahoma state law requires all videos to be closed-captioned. This is an unfunded mandate, of course.

Any suggestions for artists would be most helpful.

Adrienne Butler
Youth Services Consultant
Oklahoma Department of Libraries
200 Northeast 18th Street