[yscon] Trauma informed practice & resources

Carrie Sanders -MSL- carrie.sanders at maryland.gov
Wed Jan 24 04:00:51 PST 2018

Krista,

My thoughts and prayers to you, your colleagues, and all those touched by
this terrible tragedy that makes no sense and has changed lives forever.
Your suggestions are all good ones.  Quiet games or puzzles might be a
diversion to offer.  Pulling some of the books about emotions/trauma...or
putting together a book list of these titles to share if a family or
individual asks. A writing center area, also, is a possibility -- it could
provide an outlet for those who want to write (letters, make cards for
those in the hospital, poems) or draw their emotions.

A place that offers a warm welcome and a safe space is the most important
thing of all...which we know a library provides.  Thinking of all of you.
So, so sorry.

Carrie

--
Carrie Sanders