[yscon] [External] Re: Trauma informed practice & resources

Schmidt, Tessa M. DPI Tessa.Schmidt at dpi.wi.gov
Wed Jan 24 06:19:05 PST 2018

Dear Krista,

Thank you for sharing and expressing your grief and need for support. We are a safe and caring group, and I’m glad you reached out.

I have a few booklists that may or may not be helpful.

ALSC’s Comforting Reads for Difficult Times<http://www.ala.org/alsc/publications-resources/book-lists/comfortingreads>
CCBC’s 50 Books about Grief and Loss<http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/detailListBooks.asp?idBookLists=109>
CCBC’s 50 Books about Peace and Social Justice<http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/detailListBooks.asp?idBookLists=77>

Please keep reaching out, whether it is just to process or to ask consulting-ish questions. We are here for you!

Tessa

Tessa Michaelson Schmidt
Public Library Youth and Inclusive Services Consultant
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
(608) 267-5077
tessa.schmidt at dpi.wi.gov<mailto:tessa.schmidt at dpi.wi.gov>