[yscon] Lessons Learned from the 2017 Solar Eclipse...

Petersen, Carolyn carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov
Wed Jun 6 10:57:29 PDT 2018

Eclipse final summary brief:

*         4000 eclipse glasses received from STAR-net were distributed between 45 libraries. (includes WSL)

*         10798 were reported attending programs at 39 of the 45 libraries. (includes WSL)

*         All locations reported running out of glasses; some purchased additional glasses or received additional glasses from donors.

*         Many locations reported having multiple programs starting as early as July 21, that culminated in day of viewings.

*         29 locations provided photos of their events. (includes WSL)

Here is a brief summary from Washington State.  Our program manager also replicated the solar system model so that every library location had one.

CAROLYN PETERSEN, Assistant Program Manager, Library Development
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-570-5560 | f: 360-586-7575
carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov<mailto:carolyn.petersen at sos.wa.gov>

~connecting Washington through the power of libraries~

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>   [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>    [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>