[yscon] Diversity and Inclusion Statement for Committees?

Margarida, Danielle (DOA) Danielle.Margarida at olis.ri.gov
Fri Jun 22 10:22:31 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,
      For those of you who advise a book award committee, does your committee bylaws or manual have a diversity and inclusion statement in regards to the committee's makeup? Our book award committee's manual makes clear the criteria for book selection, but does not include a piece on the criteria for appointing committee members beyond having 3 school librarians, 3 public librarians, and 3 teachers who have experience working with children in grades 3-5. I'm looking to flesh this out a bit more so it is clear the committee should be comprised of librarians and teachers who can represent and draw from their experiences in a variety of communities.

Thanks!
Danielle
Danielle Margarida, Youth Services Coordinator
Office of Library & Information Services
Rhode Island Department of Administration
One Capitol Hill | Providence, RI  02908-5803
Danielle.Margarida at olis.ri.gov<mailto:Danielle.Margarida at olis.ri.gov>
401.574.9309 (voice) | 401.574.9320 (fax) | www.olis.ri.gov<http://www.olis.ri.gov/>

[veclogo-2018]