[yscon] March Greetings, YSCON!

Rockwell, Jasmine K jasmine.rockwell at ncdcr.gov
Wed Mar 7 07:58:41 PST 2018

Hi y'all!

To give you a small idea of how busy my spring is....I am gone for 36 out of the next 52 days. Not including Good Friday, which we have off. I am finalizing a series of workshops (3 across the state) on bilingual storytimes and Latino outreach with Katie Scherrer from Kentucky (thanks Krista!) that will be in late April/early May.

We are reviewing the LSTA applications submitted by libraries across the state (deadline April 3rd) and we are writing our proposals for spending next year's federal budgets (due April 26th). For my proposals I'm looking at scholarships to send people to the YALSA Symposium; do a statewide, utterly comprehensive youth services assessment; purchase some YALSA e-courses; have some Supercharged Storytime workshops, teen brain development workshops, and possibly bring in the Green Dot folks. AND with my state funds, I am going to attempt to plan a fall Summer Learning Summit.

I head out Monday for the second of three in-person trainings for the EXCITE: Transformation for Libraries program in CT, so I get wave at Linda! Then I'll be at PLA - anyone else going to be there? - and squeezing in the Family Place Libraries presentation.

I am also in the process of spending unobligated special projects funding to purchase 4 digital STARLAB<http://starlab.com/digital-starlab/> (r) projectors & domes that will tour public libraries starting in September for the following year, both as a Universe of Stories ramp-up and department-wide celebration of the 50th Moon Landing Anniversary.

Nothing to see here! ;)

[cid:image004.png at 01D3B601.D6999BD0]Jasmine Rockwell
Youth Services Consultant
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.807.7425  |  jasmine.rockwell at ncdcr.gov

109 East Jones Street  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/NorthCarolinaCulture>  Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ncculture>  Instagram<http://www.instagram.com/ncculture>  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/ncculture>  Website<https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/>

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.