[yscon] Successful Statewide YS Conference Format

King-Oaks, Krista (KDLA) Krista.King-Oaks at ky.gov
Fri Mar 9 12:35:25 PST 2018

Good Afternoon All,

I received some happy news to end the week - I will receive funding to host a statewide youth services conference this fall!

Due to impending circumstances :) I need to get a move on with planning. That being said, agency-sponsored statewide conferences in the past have been exclusively focused on summer reading. However, I would like for the next event to be broader, encompassing all aspects of youth services - with summer reading just being a piece of the pie.

I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to share formats of statewide conferences, including days/length of time (I'm leaning towards 2 days), as well as presentation tracks and breakdown of content/specializations by days. Also, if the event was supported by LSTA funds, what did you charge for or spend funds on (for example, part of funding would go to secure a venue, but we typically have to charge to recover meal costs).

Thank you for the inspiration, Hive Mind!

~Krista

Krista King-Oaks
Youth Services Consultant
Library Development Branch
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives<http://kdla.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx>
300 Coffee Tree Road
Frankfort, KY  40601
(502) 564-1739
krista.king-oaks at ky.gov<mailto:krista.king-oaks at ky.gov>
KDLA supports School Ready Libraries<http://kdla.ky.gov/librarians/programs/Pages/SchoolReady.aspx>
[twitter]<https://twitter.com/KDLALibDev>[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/KDLACE>

Services provided by the Library Development Branch of KDLA are
funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
[imls]