[yscon] another summer reading question about cslp

Kate Smith Kate.Smith at tn.gov
Thu May 31 10:32:12 PDT 2018

In Tennessee, we provide a manual to every library in the state. Last year I made the libraries choose their format for the first time. We purchased 159 online access; 51 USB format; and 92 paper manuals. All of my funding comes from state money. We went from about $6,000 in annual spending on manuals to $3,200 last year, which gave me a lot more money to work with out of my Summer Reading budget. I'm hoping they'll make similar choices again this year so I can have that same wiggle room!

All the best,
Kate Greene Smith
Youth Services and Special Projects Coordinator
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
403 7th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37243
PH: (615) 253-6445
FAX: (615) 532-9904
Email: kate.smith at tn.gov<mailto:kate.smith at tn.gov>

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.
The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:
www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>