[AL-Directors] Books-for-China Project Update

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Aug 5 08:59:06 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues:
We are in the home stretch of our project to collect 1,000 boxes of surplus
library books to send to our sister province of Fujian in China. We will be
collecting boxes through the end of September, so there is still time to
plan to make a donation.

We are now up to about 750 boxes, so we still have a way to go to meet our
goal. The State Library is  the Books-for-China collection site.  If your
library has access to a van or truck, please transport your books here
yourself if possible. You may deliver books to the State Library loading
dock Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Please call ahead if
you are delivering a large shipment.)  For questions about delivering books
to the State Library, please call Joel Henderson, 503-378-2814. You may also
mail books to:

            Oregon State Library
            Books-for-China Project
            250 Winter Street NE
            Salem, OR  97301-3950

You may also send small shipments through the Orbis Cascade Alliance
Courier.  Please limit boxes to 1 cubic foot (such as a 19x15x6 standard
Baker & Taylor box) and 35 pounds if shipping via the courier.

Please help us meet our goal of sending 1,000 boxes of library books to
China this fall. I will appreciate your support of this worthwhile project.

Sincerely,

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE