[AL-Directors] Transition to Gale databases

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Aug 6 16:36:54 PDT 2009

Dear Library Directors:

State Library staff had a meeting with Gale staff Tuesday to begin the transition to the Gale databases. I will be in touch with you fairly often in the next month in order to make this process as smooth as possible. I will also be sending these messages to libs-or so I apologize in advance for the duplication.  As of today I have the following information for you:

Schedule:
 If your library currently subscribes to any Gale database our target is to have you set up with the statewide package by Monday, August 10th.
 If your library does not currently subscribe to any Gale databases our target for set up is Monday, August 17th.
The transition website  http://www.galesupport.com/oregon will be converted to an implementation website at that point (8/17) and will provide you with additional options for your access to the databases and contact information for Gale technical support.
Forms:
Even though there is no cost to libraries for these databases, we will still need documentation that you want to be included in the database program and that you agree to the OLA ILL code. To facilitate that we will post any documents that require a signature to the transition website. Please download, sign and return the forms to the State Library.
Credit from Gale:
If you have already paid for Gale databases that are included in the statewide package you will be contacted by a Gale representative to discuss credit arrangements. They will contact you beginning the week of August 17th.

Training:
We are working to plan a number of "Welcome to Gale" webinars for the last two weeks of August and will be scheduling more in-depth in-person trainings around the state for September, October and November. We will be announcing the webinars and trainings on libs-or and posting them on the implementation website and the OSL website.  If you are interested in hosting an in-person training in your region please contact Ann Reed 503-378-5027, ann.reed at state.or.us.
If you have questions please don't hesitate to contact me or a member of the Library Development team and we will do our best to answer them.

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library
503-378-5012