[Answerland] QuestionPoint Tip of the Week: Questions lists & statuses

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Dec 7 12:37:35 PST 2016

Hello Answerlanders,

Navigating the Ask module can be a bit tricky. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.

Q: Why do some questions appear in more than one list? For example, I have a question that shows up in both New and Active.
A: Some of the lists identify questions by status:

·        New = needs followup by your library

·        Pending = awaiting followup by another library or patron

·        Answered = answer sent to patron

·        Closed = question complete
The other lists are compilations of statuses:

·        Active = Questions that are not closed (New + Pending + Answered)

·        Referred = Questions that are not closed (New + Pending + Answered) that you have referred to another library

·        All = All questions (New + Pending + Answered + Closed)

Q: Why is a question still showing in the Active list even though I answered it?