[Answerland] Tip of the Week: legal questions

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Jan 25 10:28:44 PST 2017

Hello Answerlanders,

>From time to time, Answerland receives legal questions from patrons. Luckily, we have law library partners that not only provide stellar legal reference, but also enjoy answering these types of questions!

So if your library gets a legal reference question, don't hesitate to refer it to them. You can do so in two ways:

*         If you are chatting with a patron, let the patron know that you are referring their question to a law librarian for followup, end the session, and add the Descriptive Code Law Libraries. That will alert me to refer the question to them.

*         If you have a follow-up, email, or text question, refer the question<https://answerland.org/referringquestions/> to Partner (Subscription) and then select Oregon Law Libraries from the drop-down menu. The law librarians will receive an alert that there is a question that needs their attention.

-Tamara

Tamara Ottum, MLIS
Answerland Coordinator
Oregon State Library