[Answerland] FW: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] QP technical issues

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Nov 7 08:14:38 PST 2018

FYI.

From: For discussion of the QuestionPoint service [mailto:QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLCLISTS.ORG] On Behalf Of Haney,Tom
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:10 PM
To: QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLCLISTS.ORG
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] QP technical issues

Hello,

We apologize for the issues with QuestionPoint over the past few days.  OCLC has identified solutions for the interruptions of your chat conversations in QuestionPoint.  Since yesterday, we have increased the QuestionPoint hardware capacity by 50%. The team is making additional changes to the new hardware tonight.  There will be a brief period of downtime at 1:00 am Eastern Time on 7 November, as part of this process.

Thank you for helping us as we continue to investigate this issue.  If you encounter any problems with QuestionPoint, please send an email to support at oclc.org<mailto:support at oclc.org>, with:

  *   A description of what you were doing when the problem occurred
  *   The time of the occurrence
  *   Screen shots, if possible
  *   The “Host” from the URL:

[cid:image002.png at 01D475F1.73832650]

  *   Your library name and OCLC number
  *   Your librarian login ID for QuestionPoint
We are also planning to install software changes before the end of the week.  If you do encounter a pop-up message indicating that your session has timed out, you can close the tab and relaunch the chat monitor.  The existing patrons will still be there.

I am sorry for any of your librarians or patrons that were interrupted and thank you for the information you have provided to help solve the problem.
Tom
--
Tom Haney

OCLC · Sr. Product Manager, End User Services

haneyt at oclc.org<mailto:haneyt at oclc.org>

T +1-614-764-6078

[signature_2015160746]<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_logo>