[Answerland] Search for children's picture book (QP 14792790)

Emily Papagni emilyp at multco.us
Sun Aug 18 16:37:22 PDT 2019

Hello Answerlanders!

We're trying to help a patron from an Oregon library find a picture book
read in the early 1980's.

The question is:

I have a patron that is trying to find the title and author to a book she
read as a child. It's about an american girl that moves to Japan. A
Japanese fairy that wears Tabi (traditional Japanese socks worn with
thonged shoes) helps her acclimate to Japan. The girl is very lonely. The
name of the fairy is Mrs. (a Japanese name).

We've done searches in NoveList, Google Books, Worldcat, and Goodreads
without success.

The question is currently assigned to Multnomah County Library. If you find
the answer would you send it to me? I'll pass it on to the patron.

Thank you for helping us search!

Emily

Emily Papagni
Reference Librarian