[Answerland] Answerland Goings-On Jan 2019

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Tue Jan 8 09:01:09 PST 2019

Answerland Goings-On, January 2019<https://answerland.org/2019/01/08/answerland-goings-on-january-2019/>
If you have questions or news to share, let me know! -Tamara, Answerland Coordinator (tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us>)

Update on the QuestionPoint Chat Monitor Redesign
Here's the latest news from OCLC: Early next year [2019], you will see a new look for the chat monitor interface that will also move QuestionPoint off the Flash software platform. We're completing final testing of the user experience and performance now. This thorough testing will verify that the changes are ready for use by the entire QuestionPoint community. You can see the redesigned interface before its release:

  *   In mid-January: Review updated training and documentation resources on the QuestionPoint support site. We'll let you know as soon as they are available.
  *   In late January/early February: Take advantage of pre-release access to the new interface. The current and redesigned interfaces will operate in parallel for at least two weeks before access to the current version ends. During this time, you can test drive the new interface and provide feedback on your experience via a brief survey.

New! Answerland Staff Toolkit
The "For Librarians" page on the answerland.org<https://answerland.org/> website now leads to an Answerland Staff Toolkit (https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/answerland). It includes documentation on using QuestionPoint, best practices, useful reference resources, and training information. Check it out; feedback welcome!

Answerland Homepage Refresh
The answerland.org<https://answerland.org/> homepage has a new look, designed to be more mobile-friendly and usable. Special thanks to Claire Bolyard at the State Library for creating the new design!

Ending Texting
It was decided at the last Answerland Advisory Committee meeting to discontinue Answerland's texting service, due to low usage. The service will be available until June 30.

Patrons Chat Back
Recent comments from our survey...
*        "[The librarian] was fantastic and I don't say that lightly. Calmly figured out my problem with the information I had for her and came up with just the result I needed. Answerland is always good but this was exceeded my expectations for service!"
*        "Super fast assistance time even this late, I will definitely be using this again and recommending people to use it."
*        "[The librarian] was supportive, engaging and helpful. I started out feeling lost, but ended feeling found!"
*        "I was helped by two librarians and both were very patient with me. I can be a tad slow on the computer so this patience was very much appreciated."
*        "I love your 24 hours service! I was able to find my answers quickly and all the Librarians I have dealt with in the last 24 hours have been amazing. I love that if they don't know the answer or they are busy - I have the option of getting a reply through email later when they are able to find an answer. I feel very valued that my questions get answered eventually in a timely matter. Thank you for providing this service. I really appreciate it."
*        "My librarian was from another state and she was able to find the OBOB audiobook listings for me in about one minute. Amazing."
*        "I was completely awed by the quality of service I received. I've used a LOT of online support channels and this has been one of the BEST experiences I have ever had. Kudos for getting it right!!!"

Tamara Ottum
Answerland Coordinator
answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>