[Answerland] Question to answer: Battle of Kirina

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu May 7 08:23:29 PDT 2020

Hello Answerlanders,

A patron needs help with some research:

"I'm trying to find out what is known about the Battle of Kirina (c. 1235 in what is now Mali). I can find the basics easily enough, but I'm looking for things like: What size were the armies, probably? What sort of weapons and armor would they have used? What was the landscape around there like back then? I'm willing to go digging through academic journals if I have to... I just don't know where to start."

The question is in the Shared Followup List (#15437489).

Thanks,
Tamara

Tamara Ottum
(she/her)
Answerland Coordinator
answerland.org<https://answerland.org/>
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>