[Boainactive] Follow-Up to Board of Accountancy Procedure Change Notice

SISK Kimberly * BOA kimberly.sisk at state.or.us
Tue May 8 16:21:46 PDT 2012

The Board of Accountancy disseminated the e-mail notification that you
received earlier today, about submitting proofs of CPE completion with
applications during the upcoming 2012 license renewal process, with the
intent of  providing a "heads up" to licensees in advance of the renewal
deadline.  The new procedure is related to the upcoming launch of our
new online licensing system. We anticipate that the new system will be
launched prior to the close of the upcoming renewal period.  Some
licensees will undoubtedly renew on the new system, while others will
choose paper renewal. We believe that the requirements should be the
same for either option.

The new system will enable licensees to upload CPE certificates as they
are received.  (Some  licensees have told us they look forward to this
feature as it will lessen the risk of misplacing certificates and the
necessity of having to locate them or obtain duplicates at renewal
time.)  The new system will also streamline the audit process and enable
the Board to audit CPE reports in a matter of days, instead of taking
several months to a year as it has in the old manual process.

The volume of e-mails and phone calls we have received in response to
our notification is far greater than our small staff can respond to in a
timely manner. We sincerely desire to know of, and respond to, your
questions and concerns. We will review the inquiries we have received in
the coming days.  We will then compile and disseminate as much
information as we can to address the issues that you have raised.

We are very sorry for the confusion and angst our notice has caused for
some licensees. Please be patient with us as we go through the
transition to a new automated system, which will greatly enhance our
ability to serve you.

Thank you.

Pat

L. Patrick Hearn, Executive Director