[CAFR-Contacts-News] Datamart will update on Friday, Oct. 2 (not on Monday, Oct. 5)

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Mon Sep 28 15:52:16 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

Based on the email below, no agencies responded that changing the
refresh date for the Datamart for the first ARRA quarterly report would
have a negative effect.

Therefore, this week, we will update the Datamart, effective Friday
morning, October 2, rather than the usual Monday morning, October 5.

Please ensure this email receives wide distribution.

Thanks,
Kathy

ORIGINAL EMAIL MESSAGE SENT TO DATAMART USERS:

As you may know, the first quarterly report under the American
Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) for the quarter ended September 30
is due to the Governor's Office on Wednesday, October 7.  Some ARRA
agencies have expressed concern about the timing of the Monday, October
5 Datamart update. The Datamart is routinely refreshed each Monday
morning - which, in this instance, would leave only a few days to
finalize the ARRA financial information.

We would like to explore what type of challenges it would create if we
shifted the weekly update to Friday, October 2, in lieu of the normal
Datamart refresh scheduled for Monday, October 5.  This would provide
ARRA reporting agencies additional time to analyze and compile the
required financial information.

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

Phone:  (503) 373-7277, ext 253