[CAFR-Contacts-News] FW: Federal dollars used to pay for centralized services

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Thu May 12 13:24:52 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

In March, an email was sent to agencies requesting the actual percentage
of federal dollars included in the amounts paid to DAS and other
agencies for centralized services during FY 2010. Based on the data
collected, it is clear in many instances that the "average" federal
financial participation (FFP) rate used to prepare the Statewide Cost
Allocation (SWCAP) plan differed significantly from the actual
percentages.

The FFP plays a major role in determining how much the state must repay
the federal government in years when an excess SWCAP fund balance
occurs. Using the actual rates may create an opportunity to keep the
funds in Oregon. Therefore, beginning with FY 2011, SARS will request
agencies to provide their "actual" FFP rates.

We will send agencies an official request for the FY 2011 actual FFP
rates in mid-July. The due date will be Monday, August 22. We are giving
agencies advance notice of this requirement, so they can plan for it as
part of their yearend activities.

Please contact Kathy Dixon, if you have specific questions:

Kathy Dixon, CPA

Senior Accounting Analyst

Statewide Accounting & Reporting

Phone: (503) 373 - 0730

Thank you,

Kathy

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

NEW Phone:  (503) 373-0265

Fax:  (503) 378-3514

http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published