[CAFR-Contacts-News] FW: IMPORTANT: New GFOA Policy – End the Acronym Initiative

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Tue Mar 9 11:15:58 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

If you haven’t seen it yet, please see the announcement below regarding a development on a critically important topic, representing a change DAS fully endorses. I would recommend reviewing the GFOA toolkit that is linked below for additional information and background. Given that the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report acronym is one that permeates the work of SARS and many state agencies, it will take some time to make all the updates, some of which have already begun, such as removing the acronym from the SARS website, but others remain, including a new title for this news list.

I thank you for joining us in supporting this important change and please reach out to me with any questions.

Rob

New GFOA Policy – End the Acronym Initiative

[Government Finance Officers Association]

Dear GFOA Colleague,

As the leading association for government finance professionals, diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our mission. Our membership, at more than 21,000 strong, is diverse, as are the communities we collectively serve. It is because of our unwavering commitment to fostering inclusiveness that this morning GFOA published an important new policy<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODE/index.html>.

As a result, effective immediately, the common four-letter acronym used to reference the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is no longer advised by GFOA.

Our organization recognizes that this is a significant change for many of our members, staff, and partners. With this in mind, we have created a toolkit to help all stakeholders understand the new position, more easily implement the recommended changes, and clearly articulate the reasons this shift is important.

I invite you to review the full resource toolkit<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODI/index.html> on our website and the materials provided for support and guidance in the days ahead.

Additionally, I want to take a moment to thank you in advance for your support educating and encouraging your colleagues to implement this new professional standard. You are helping to lead our industry forward and creating safer spaces and more inclusive opportunities for many.

[https://gfoa.informz.net/gfoa/data/images/Morrill.png?cb=722640]

Chris Morrill

Executive Director/CEO, GFOA

Read the official “End the Acronym<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODM/index.html>” policy statement

Review the “End the Acronym<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODQ/index.html>” toolkit

Government Finance Officers Association of the United States & Canada
203 N. LaSalle Street - Suite 2700 | Chicago, IL 60601-1210

Phone: (312) 977-9700 - Fax: (312) 977-4806

[facebook]<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODU/index.html>

[twitter]<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODY/index.html>

[linkedin]<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5ODc/index.html>

[Higher Logic]<http://gfoa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05OTAyOTM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwNTQ1NDM3OTcmbGk9ODQ4MTY5OTE/index.html>