[cultural-health] SB97 - Headed to the Senate Floor for a vote!

Ruth A NKEMONTOH ruth.a.nkemontoh at state.or.us
Tue Apr 19 17:40:13 PDT 2011

Greetings Friends and Colleagues,

OMHS is pleased to announce that Senate Bill 97 will go to the Senate Floor for a vote! We cannot thank you enough for your advocacy for health equity - SB97 would not have made it this far without the dedication and strategic excellence of all of you!

The second reading of the bill could happen as early as tomorrow - and if so, the third reading and voting would happen on Thursday.  If the second reading happens Thursday, the vote would be take place Monday.  Since this could all happen on a very short time line, we need to contact senators and count YES votes tomorrow and Thursday.

Thanks again for your ongoing support. We are very excited about this news!

Ruth Nkemontoh
Communications
Office of Multicultural Health & Services
Oregon Health Authority
800 NE Oregon St., Suite 550
Portland, OR 97232

Email:ruth.a.nkemontoh at state.or.us