[Currdir] Input Requested on Proposed 2011-12 Reading Cut Scores

HOEXTER Camilla camilla.hoexter at state.or.us
Mon Apr 18 16:41:15 PDT 2011

Input Requested on Proposed 2011-12  Reading Cut Scores

This past year, the State Board of Education voted to raise math achievement standards (learn more at http://www.ode.state.or.us/go/mathachievement).   During the math achievement standard setting process, many districts commented that the reading achievement standards should be reviewed as well. ODE has conducted a statistical review and found evidence that the current reading achievement standards for the earlier grades are not rigorous enough to ensure our students are prepared for high school level work, the Essential Skills, and the challenges of college and career.

At the recommendation of the reading achievement standard setting panel, ODE staff will propose new Reading Achievement Standards (i.e. cut scores)  to the State Board of Education for adoption on May 19, 2011 to be implemented in the 2011-12 school year.  For more information on the proposed achievement standards and the standard setting process, visit http://www.ode.state.or.us/go/readingachievement.

We are seeking input from a wide range of Oregon stakeholders including educators, school administrators, community college and university staff, parents, and members of the business community and general public.  This feedback will be shared with the State Board.

To share your feedback on the proposed reading achievement standards, please review the proposed changes at http://www.ode.state.or.us/go/readingachievement and then complete our survey, available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YVY9PK6.  The survey will remain open through May 8, 2011.