[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Forum Follow-Up: LWOP Reporting Process

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Thu Apr 20 10:05:22 PDT 2017

Greetings Payroll & HR Partners!

I'd like to start by thanking all of you who attended Payroll Forum on April 12th. It was great to see so many faces in the audience and we truly value your feedback on new processes, as well as your overall engagement for the good of your organizations.

Since Forum, we have received a few great questions about the new LWOP reporting process that I'd like to share with you all:

Workers Comp & Service Credit
We talked about Tier 1 and Tier 2 members being eligible to receive service credit for periods of leave without pay related to an approved workers comp claim. This is done by request to PERS by filling out the PERS Workers Compensation Certification Form<http://www.oregon.gov/pers/mem/docs/form/679.pdf>. The question was asked at Forum if this also applied to periods of leave without pay covered by short or long term disability as stated.

The answer is no. The PERS Workers Comp Certification form<http://www.oregon.gov/pers/mem/docs/form/679.pdf> states: "Use this form to request PERS Tier One or Tier Two service credit under Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 238.175 for periods of workers' compensation or disability". The word "disability" in this statement is pertaining specifically to "PERS disability" and is not intended for periods of short or long term disability.

Leave without Pay segments on PPDB
As stated at Forum, the implementation of this reporting process is not meant to replace the need to enter begin and end dates of LWOP on PPDB when the leave exceeds 15 business days. That said, it is critical that when you put the employee on official LWOP in PPDB, you continue to enter the LWOP on the actual timesheet or in e-payroll. This new reporting process will not work, unless time is entered. If no time is entered, the data is not sent to Datamart for data collection purposes, and a final timesheet record is not generated.

I will be sending another email later this week outlining the next steps with the LWOP reporting. This email will be sent to the CPERS E-News list. To ensure you receive this email and other updates, please follow this link to subscribe<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/das_centralized_pers_services_team> to e-news.

As always, please don't hesitate to contact me or your Centralized PERS Services Analyst<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Payroll/Pages/cpersteam.aspx> if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst
Centralized PERS Services Team
DAS Enterprise Goods and Services
Phone: (503) 378-6372
FAX: (503) 378-4596
Website: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All information in this e-mail, including attachments, is approved solely for delivery to and authorized use by intended recipients. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

SL2