[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Workday & PERS Reporting

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Tue Jan 29 08:48:18 PST 2019

Greetings Payroll & HR Partners!

Workday go-live is quickly approaching, and we would like to provide you with some information about how we anticipate this impacting your work related to PERS reporting. This information applies to both payroll and HR staff.

Workday is new to us also, and like the rest of you we will be learning it's impact "just in time". That said, we do know of a few things we can prepare you for in advance:

1.     Status Checks: Status Checks will still need to be completed on all newly hired employees, transfers, retiree's etc. This process is not changing. This process determines the wage job class code you will use for the employee.

2.     The wage job class code will now be known as the "PERS Class Plan" and will be visible under the employee's "job classification".

3.     The PERS Class Plan contains the single digit code you are used to seeing in PPDB, along with a description. Attached is an updated crosswalk that shows the PERS Class Plan as displayed in Workday, and the associated OSPA (P030) coding.

4.     The personnel (Workday) and payroll (OSPA) data is compiled each month into a large file and sent to PERS. This process is not changing and PERS (JClarity) updates will still be about a month behind payroll.

5.     The PERS file can only retrieve current month data, retroactive personnel entries are not reported to PERS systematically. The CPERS team is strategizing tools to obtain this information for manual reporting, but it's something we would like agencies to be aware of. Please send an email to your CPERS Analyst when processing a retroactive entry in Workday.

6.     We understand that it will be possible to record leave of absences in Workday; however, this will not report to PERS. Please continue to use the LWOP reporting process we have in place for PERS reporting.

7.     The PERS file can only report name changes where the first two digits of the last name change. When processing a name change where the first two digits of the last name do not change, please contact your CPERS Analyst.

At this stage of implementation, we are students of Workday along with you and we are excited to take it for a spin next month. We will continue to use the Listserv to keep you updated with any new information we feel may impact PERS reporting. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me or your CPERS Analyst.

Sincerely,

Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst
DAS Centralized PERS Services Team