[DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] Hiring in WD for retro payments

TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS Shauna.M.TOBIASSON at oregon.gov
Wed Oct 21 13:33:23 PDT 2020

Payroll & HR staff,

Please be aware that when you put a hire transaction in Workday (even same day hire/term) for the purpose of making retroactive payments only, the new hire transaction IS reported to PERS.

Example: 2016 terminated employee needs a 2020 hire date so that an old 2016 settlement payment can be made.

When this happens, please send notification to your CPERS analyst (Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov<mailto:Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov>) so that we can remove the hire from the PERS system. This notification is required as we do not have a way of catching these systematically.

Thank you

Shauna Tobiasson | Senior CPERS Analyst | DAS-EGS-CPERS
Shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov<mailto:Shauna.m.tobiasson at oregon.gov> | Cell: 971-719-3173
Website: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." -Eleanor Roosevelt