[gis_info] Dec 18th PDX AGS UG RESCHEDULED to Jan 6th due to snow

Rob McDougald rmcdougald at esri.com
Tue Dec 16 11:51:10 PST 2008

Hey all,
This is the newly remodeled Portland ArcGIS Server User Group.   Please send me an email if you want to be added to the emailing list for this group.

The meeting has been rescheduled to Jan 6th from 10am-noon at Metro in the 370A-Cooper Mountain conference room.
Thanks
Rob

Here is the original meeting notice and details.

We'll start off this meeting at 10am with Jack Horton doing a technical discussion on ArcGIS  replication.   Jack will give a SDE replication 101 discussion, talk about best practices, and maybe a touch of versioning.

All of these techniques can be applied to remote offices running WorkGroup or Enterprise SDE, ArcGIS Mobile clients, and replication to personal geodatabases.  Jack's presentations are usually interactive and a lot of fun.

The vision of this group is to create a regular-occurring, collaborative, and technical meeting environment to facilitate GIS knowledge exchange.   I'm trying to set up an environment for you all to get to know each other, share what you are doing (technology, development, training, data creation, services development), and provide a forum for technical education.   I'm looking for volunteers to help with the management of this group.  Please email me.

10-10:30: Round table introductions
Give us a quick shout out for your agency and what you are doing with GIS.  I.E., 4 users, 9.2 ArcIMS application development, currently digitizing project for FIT team, deployed in/for planning and finance departments, etc.  This is meant to teach others about your capabilities.  New users and advanced users have A LOT to contribute.

10:30-11:00: Jack Horton, ESRI
ArcGIS Server geodatabase replication best practices technical discussion.

11:00-11:10 Break
11:10 - 11:30: TBD User profile:
11:30-noon: open discussion

Please respond to this email and let me know if you want to be added to my list for future PDX User Group meeting and notices.  If I don't hear from you then I won't put you on the next mailing.

ESRI Northwest - Metro Oregon Account Manager
Office: 503.281.0042             RMcDougald at ESRI.com<mailto:%20rmcdougald at esri.com>

MetroMap now with Business Reports and GeoDemographics<http://www.metro-region.org/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=24876>