[gis_info] Fwd: Great GIS programmer job at OSU

Deepsea Dawn dawn at dusk.geo.orst.edu
Wed Sep 3 08:05:00 PDT 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EMAIL
SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:

Karyle Butcher
OSU Library
email:    karyle.butcher at oregonstate.edu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: "Butcher, Karyle" <karyle.butcher at oregonstate.edu>
Date: August 27, 2008 4:07:31 PM PDT
<Jeremy.Frumkin at oregonstate.edu>, "Butcher, Karyle" <karyle.butcher at oregonstate.edu

Subject: Programmer

We have been searching for a programmer to takeover the parts of the
Oregon Explorer done by Tim Fiez.  In our first go round, we
advertised for a lead programmer but in reality what we need is a
person most of the skills listed below and who can be trained into the
position....

  We are talking a salary in the high forties to low fifties.  Here is
what we asked for:

Highest Degree:
B.S. or higher in computer science.
Other specialized instruction or certificates:
Work experience:
3+ years experience with two of the following: C / C++, Java, C#,
Python experience with database design and computer programming using
GIS data.
Other job-related skills and abilities: Experience with the following:
Development of database-driven websites;
Web services (REST or SOAP); Code control repositories; Preferred
Skills: Experience with GIS applications and mapping tools; Knowledge
of library metadata standards and data exchange protocols; Experience
with Ruby on Rails

Knowledge of user interface design; Advanced HTML / CSS / Javascript
skills; Demonstrated evidence of post-doctoral research; strong oral/
written communication and interpersonal skills; strong project
management skills
Karyle
Karyle Butcher
Oregon State University
Donald and Delpha Campbell
University Librarian
OSU Press Director
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis, OR 97331-4501
541-737-7300
fax 541-737-3453

Dawn Wright | Professor | Department of Geosciences
Oregon State University | Corvallis, OR 97331-5506
http://dusk.geo.orst.edu | 541-737-1229 phone | 541-737-1200 fax