[gis_info] FW: [Geotech] 2008 NW GIS User Conference - Web site updated

Butterfield,Bart bbutterfield at idfg.idaho.gov
Tue Sep 2 17:03:33 PDT 2008

<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/userfiles/image/resources/lo
ngscream3.png>

October 20 - 24, 2008

Serving the World

This year's conference theme, Serving the World
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/default.aspx>  , focuses on
using server and Web technology to collect and disseminate spatial
information and improve customer service by providing geographic data
through the internet. We have two great keynote speakers that will speak
to both the people and technical components of server and Web-based GIS.

Technical Sessions

ESRI will conduct an afternoon of intense technical sessions
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=program#technica
lsessions>  on ArcGIS 9.3 products. Sessions include topics on ArcGIS
Server 9.3, using the ArcGIS Javascript API, and implementation of an
enterprise GIS. A fourth technical session will be identified soon.

User Presentations

We are now posting user-presentation abstracts
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=userpresentation
s>  on the 2008 Northwest GIS User Conference Web-site. These are the
presentations that have been submitted to date. Check the conference Web
site <http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08>  regularly, because we
will continue to update it as more information becomes available. There
is also room remaining for more user-presentations or posters. Share
your work with you colleagues from across the Pacific Northwest be
submitting a presentation
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=callforpresentat
ions>  or poster
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=posters>  now.

Training

Two-day workshops run on October 20 - 21. The workshops are a great way
to get ESRI training at a reduced rate. The workshops cover ArcGIS
Desktop II, ArcGIS Desktop III, Model-builder, Spatial Analyst, ArcPad ,
and Python. In addition, there are four Tuesday evening sessions, some
of them free. They cover projections, emergency mapping, photo link and
managing a GIS. Get the full workshop descriptions
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=program>  and
prices
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/pub.aspx?id=register#confere
nce>  on the conference Web site.

Early Registration Ends Soon

The last day to register early is September 20. It is important to
register by then, not just to save the extra cost of registering late,
but we will be looking at the registration numbers then to determine if
the program needs to be adjusted or if workshops need to be cut. You can
register online <https://www.htfsolutions.com/forms/GIS/>  or download a
form
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/userfiles/file/2008Registrat
ionForm.pdf>  that you can mail in.

Full conference information and registration materials are available on
the conference Web site
<http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/nwgis08/default.aspx> .