[gis_info] Nortwest GIS User Group

Butterfield,Bart bart.butterfield at idfg.idaho.gov
Sat Aug 1 10:06:33 PDT 2009

 The Northwest GIS User Group has a new website. It has a new URL (
nwgis.org <http://nwgis.org/>  ), a new look and feel, fresh
information, interactive capabilities to gather your input, and a host
of social networking features. In addition to learning about the
Northwest GIS User Group and our activities, you can participate in our
community:

*         Vote on your choice for conference locations and other polls
<http://nwgis.org/polls>

*         Comment on our blogs <http://nwgis.org/blog>  and posts

*         Share your photos in our Flickr photo pool
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/nwgis/>

*         Follow our updates via RSS <http://nwgis.org/rss.xml> ,
Twitter <http://twitter.com/nwgis>  and Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NWGIS/112924197768>

*         Post topics to our conference forum
<http://sunriver2009.nwgis.org/Forum>

Our revamp is not finished.  We'd like to continue to add features to
our website, so that it is a live, interactive and useful forum for you.
Please share what you think of the new design
<http://nwgis.org/blog/what-do-you-think-new-design>  and your ideas of
how we can make it better serve our community. Some ideas we've
discussed are allowing all users to post blog entries, cataloguing
regional web mapping services, and providing an online GIS help desk.

The new website also has information and links to the 2009 Northwest GIS
User Conference in Sunriver, Oregon.  This year's theme is "Doing More
With Less: Applying GIS in Today's Economy". The conference has its own
website ( sunriver2009.nwgis.org <http://sunriver2009.nwgis.org/> )
built along the same lines as the user group's. You can now register for
this year's conference on the conference site.

Check out both nwgis.org <http://nwgis.org/>  and sunriver2009.nwgis.org
<http://sunriver2009.nwgis.org/>  .  Follow NWGIS on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/nwgis> , Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NWGIS/112924197768>  and Flickr
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/nwgis/>  .

We hope to see you in person at the conference October 12-16th in
Sunriver!

Bart Butterfield

Idaho Department of Fish and Game

600 S. Walnut, Box 25