[gis_info] Southern Oregon University - Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies

Gregory Jones gjones at sou.edu
Wed Dec 9 14:41:47 PST 2009

Southern Oregon University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in the Department of Environmental Studies beginning in Fall 2010. Candidates in the geosciences, earth sciences, environmental sciences or related fields are encouraged to apply. We seek a scholar excited by problem-driven field-based research, committed to interdisciplinary undergraduate education, and enthusiastic about joining a diverse department faculty that spans the natural and social sciences. We also seek someone committed to creating and maintaining connections with community partners and conducting research on regional issues. We are looking for a scientist with a comprehensive knowledge of surficial processes: geomorphology, soils, slope stability, hydrology, water quality, and watershed science, with applied skills and facility with geospatial technologies. The successful candidate will teach introductory and advanced earth science classes and labs, integrative environmental studies courses, his/her specialty in geospatial technologies, as well as taking a prominent role in student capstone experiences. Teaching assignments may include University Studies/Seminar, online courses, Medford and Ashland campus classes, and day, evening and weekend courses. Proven teaching ability and demonstrable research potential are essential.

Minimum Qualifications:
Ph.D in related field
Experience with/Ability to interact with a diverse population

For more information go to www.sou.edu/hrs
Required documents:
Cover Letter
CV
Teaching Philosophy
Include contact information for Four (4) professional references in the online application. Candidates for faculty positions shall provide copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the search committee at the time they complete the application in the online system. Mail these transcripts to:

Dr. Charles Lane
SOU Environmental Studies
1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland OR 97520