[gis_info] Spatial Data Infrastructure Discussions scheduled for Central and Western Oregon

HILL Milton E * EISPD GEO milton.e.hill at state.or.us
Wed May 27 14:28:36 PDT 2009

Greetings!

The main work of the Geospatial Enterprise Office (GEO) is coordination,
to ensure the quality and usefulness of Oregon's geographic information.
By "geographic information" we mean the data (GIS data, spatial data,
place-based data), the systems that are used to collect, analyze,
deliver, and display the information and also the way we conduct this
business. One of the principle tenets of GIS philosophy is to create
data once and use it many times. This implies that data created at
various accuracies, scales, and resolutions, in various formats, held in
various places and computing environments, must be integrated on an
as-needed basis to solve problems.

We're conducting a series of meetings to discuss how we might more
efficiently cooperate in these activities and share the data once it's
developed. The meeting format is a facilitated group discussion and the
larger and more diverse the group is the better the results will be. In
addition to the GIS community we need participation from local
government, state government, federal agencies, elected officials, and
the private sector. Please participate! Please forward this announcement
and the link to the flyer to others.

Here's the flyer:
http://gis.oregon.gov/DAS/EISPD/GEO/docs/FLYER_RegionalGISmeetings_20090
527.pdf

Bend and Western Oregon dates and locations and now scheduled.

Thanks, we look forward to seeing you there.

Milt Hill, GISP
Framework Coordinator
DAS/Geospatial Enterprise Office
955 Center St. NE, Rm 470