[gis_info] Mark Bosworth is still missing

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Tue Sep 27 15:12:49 PDT 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has heard whether the detectives or Sheriff has followed up on the information Amy Esnard provided to them last Wednesday.  She put them in touch with the public safety folks in Multnomah County who dealt with the Kyle Horman case.  They worked with the telecom provider to trace the locations of cell phones.  According to the information she provided to the Douglas County folks, iPhones like the one Mark has shut down when 10% of the battery life is still available, and the telecom provider has data tracking the location of that phone until the battery is completely depleted.  I don't know if the detectives used that information in Douglas County.  They told Amy not to tell Mark's family about this potential lead.

cy