[gis_info] WhereCampPDX 4 is this October 7-9th. Please join us!

Rafa Gutierrez rafa at grafageodesign.com
Wed Sep 28 19:34:37 PDT 2011

Greetings GeoPeople!
WhereCampPDX is right around the corner and we're proud to kickoff our 4th
year of this excellent event! WhereCampPDX is a free, annual unconference
for people interested in geography and related technologies. *This year’s
WhereCampPDX will be happening October 7-9 at Metro Regional Center and
other Portland locations.*
Who

WhereCamps are volunteer-created events for anyone interested in geography
and technology. Everyone who is interested in these topics is invited to
participate.
What

An unconference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference> is a conference
planned by the participants. We come together in the morning and plan the
sessions that will make up the day’s discussions and activities. This gives
everyone an opportunity to bring the things that interest them the most to
the table, ask questions, and talk about new and exploratory topics. We
value open participation, providing access to new voices, and lowering
barriers to participation. As a result, the event is driven by the interests
and talents of the participants.
When & Where

WhereCampPDX 4 will be held October 7–9, spanning Friday, Saturday and
Sunday.

To kick things off, we’ll be hosting an opening party on Friday night with
food, drink, and casual geonerdery. On Saturday, the Metro Regional Center
will once again host our unconference day from 10am to 6pm. Sunday
activities will take place at various locations throughout central Portland
and are being currently being scheduled. Follow the WhereCampPDX site for up
to the minute details, and let us know <wherecamp-pdx at googlegroups.com> if
you have great ideas for Sunday activities.
How

Get involved! Join our Google
Group<http://groups.google.com/group/wherecamp-pdx>,
add to the wiki <http://www.wherecamppdx.org/wiki/2011>, and above all,
register <http://wherecamppdx11.eventbrite.com/>!

Register for free at http://wherecamppdx11.eventbrite.com/
Spread the word!

We’d love if it you could take a moment to tell other interested geonerds in
your life about this year’s WhereCamp PDX. Some ideas:

   - Post to your blog!
   - Share your interest on
Twitter<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://wherecamppdx.org&text=I'm%20going%20to%20 at wherecamppdx,%20are%20you%3F>
   , Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://wherecamppdx.org&t=I'm%20going%20to%20WhereCampPDX,%20are%20you%3F>
   , Google+ <http://plus.google.com/>, or your favorite social network!
   - RSVP on Plancast <http://plancast.com/p/6fbv/wherecamppdx-2011> or
   Lanyrd! <http://lanyrd.com/2011/wherecamppdx/>

See you at WhereCamp!

--
Rafa Gutierrez | Grafa Geographic Design | grafageodesign.com | 503.705.6592